Re: [Epic] Formula for Points in E40K

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:04:25 -0400

>This uses AT=2FP, which seems to be how Games Workshop figured it, but I'd
>much rather have an AT shot than 2FP, since 2FP means approx. 1 die vs.
>armor against a vehicle or infantry in the open. If AT=3FP, a Land Raider
>would be worth 48 points. I still think Land Raiders are a heck of a deal
>for Space Marine players.

Your forgetting another bonus of at shots on Landraiders. For the price of a
landraider, you are able to usually add an extra blast marker. With two land
raiders, you automatically add an extra blast marker every time both shoot.
It's a lot cheaper and easier then buying the troops to put your firepower
high enough to get 2 blastmarkes just on FP alone.

Tyler