RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:01:30 -0400

At 10:42 AM 8/26/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Tyler Provick wrote:
>

>> >E40k less rules, less flavor.
>>
>> Flavour in Wargames is mostly up to the players. Some backgrounds make it
>> easier to add flavour, while some make it hard. Either way there will be
>> people who will play without flavour on say a flavourful game like Old Epic,
>> and some might have more flavour with Epic 40K, because that's the way they
>> play. I still don't see the connection between powerfull troops, and lots of
>> different ones and flavour
>>

>somehow 75% of all ork vehicles = battlewagons says to me
>
>"less flavor"
>
>I miss madboyz as much as I miss kustom kannon speedstas, or squats,
>or the knight worlds even.
>
>again, "less flavor"
>

>but my main point is that the TL rulebook gave a much better impression
>of GWs game of future warfare than the little books of E40k to a newbie.
>again, more fluff, more flavor.
>

>even 40k players gain insight by reading the fluff sections with
>the ork gods rising from their slumber, start of the waa-ork
>

>mike

You can't add flavour? I wrote a full description for a renegade Space
Marine chapter, but didn't change the rules. You can have any type of thing
in your ork army, and call it a battle wagon, but because it has the same
stats, it has less flavour?

Complicated rules are not the keys to flavour (Try paprika)

Tyler