RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:22:53 -0500

<snip sandworm-nuke interaction notes>

>nope, nukes do much more than just heat. shielding from heat is not the
>problem, protecting from the overpressure effects and shockwave are the
>big problems, not to mention all the high energy radiation.
>
>Say you made a bunker. 50ft thick concrete walls with 10feet of lead
>plating. people inside would be safe from the heat and radiation,
>but the shockwave and overpressure would turn the people to jelly inside
>of that bunker.all this assuming a ground burst. airburst is a different
>story.
>
>besides, the B-61 is for "little" targets. for a worm, use a Mk 53
>or a Mk 41. Mult-Megaton, baby. Worm hiding under the sand? B-43.
>made for underground targets
>
>Be happy that these items for WWIII are now being pulled out of service.
>Too dangerous for the human race.
>
>mike

-----> They're being pulled out of the missiles silos and bomb bunkers,
but it's
not the professionals I'm worried about.
        Wait til Bob Yahoo gets some of that stuff people keep trying to
smuggle out of some of the countries which have been, um, "downsizing"
 and then what do we have ?
The fertilizer bombs and suitcases on planes are bad enough...

Chris Miller