RE: [Epic] Battle Report

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:33:32 -0500

>>Did the kid want to play again, or was he not interested?
>>You might be able to tell something about the kid, or the game,
>>or not at all, but I'm curious nonetheless.
>
>This may be something. During the game we were talking about better places
>to play, seeing as his march move took him right to my doorstep. He mention
>a garage, something I've already poster here. Anyway, we got to talking, him
>about his grandfather who could make me a table. I thought that was a cool
>idea, but unfortunatly, I still live with my parents, and the stuff in the
>garage is not mine to throw away. Anyway, he went home to Toronto, but I'll
>see him again next summer. (His mother is a friend of the family, so she
>comes up and brings the kids.) Anyway, last I heard he was cleaning out his
>garage up in Toronto.
>
>Of course, I'm trying to persuade him not to get into the game, because it
>is expensive for a 12 year old who just moved into his neighbourhood and
>might not be able to find people to play with.
>
>Tyler

Ah, let him try - I didn't start the mini stuff that young, but if he
can squeeze out
an allowance or birthday money or Christmas or something, he might be
able to put some stuff together. A blister here, a blister there...
I was curious also because that seems to be some of their target market,
and
I wondered how much of the hype he bought.

I would recommend a table, certainly. Try a folding table, or just a
piece of
wood you can throw over your bed - something. Don't worry about painting
it
and all that - a big green piece of cloth works fine, and it's usually
pretty
cheap. If you have a good local store, that's a great place to play,
especially
with a painted army - brings in the new blood pretty well, and they
usally have
the table part covered.

Chris Miller