[Epic] web site

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:04:45 -0500

Oooh, I got a web site!

OK, it isn't very interesting, but it does have some pictures of
my minis. I think I know why I was pretty happy with my mini
painting--they're Space Marines. GW's SM minis look good, but
they don't look unbelievably amazing, and I've accomplished most
of what I want to in that direction.

But I'm working on some Eldar for the competition, and they
just aren't looking very inspiring. Yellow is the main color,
and right now they're looking OK if you compare them to the
Space Marines. I'm paining them similarly--yellow coat, brown
wash, some details. But I've been painting about as many details
as I have on the Space Marines, and the GW Eldar pictures have
_lots_ more detail. There ships just glow, but after the brown
wash dirtied up my minis (though it did bring out detail), I
am not having much success with yellow drybrushing to brighten
them up again. GW's minis just glow. Of course, I do not
want to spend enough time on these to make 'em look like GW's
minis, but the difference is obvious.

I painted the swooping hawks' wings white, put on a brown wash,
and highlighted in white again. They did brighten up some, but
the exarchs' wings still look a little dingy.

The banshees didn't do me any good. I think they'll get painted
the same color as everybody else. Does E40K even hint at what
official aspect colors should be?

anyway, my page is: www.avs.com/people/askinner

andy
askinner_at_...