Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 23:03:42 +0800

At 01:42 PM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:51 AM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>No race is perfect. Every race fights amongst itself. Sure, some are less
>>likely. An important thing about Tyranids is they are all eaten by the hive
>>mind after they outlive their usefullness. Maybe some like living, and
>>resist. Or maybe, because they are all so affected by psykic energy so much,
>>a bunch actually get taken over by Chaos, and revolt as well.
>

>Al will sucumb to chaos. The psychic prowes of the hive mind will never
>match the powers of Tzeentch, besides it's not all that difficult for to
>imagine most of the nids going to khorne, collecting all life off of the
>planet, usually a pretty bloody process, to collecting blood and skulls for
>khorne

Uh, I think it is more complicated than that. These guys (Tyranids) are
supposed to be without individual consciousness. The billions of Tyranid
creatures make up the Hive Mind. Imagine an ant. It exist to serve the
nest/hive. The concept of lazing off or climbing the social structure does
not happen at all.

As such tempting a lowly Termagent by Tzeentch or his agents, "Look here, I
can make you to be a Dominatrix, then you can get back at those bully
lictors and dumb Carnifexes. But you must listen to me.." ain't gonna cut
it. Ever.

On the other hand, I sure would like to know if an ant is isolated from its
nest and queen will fare. Anybody aware of this kinda experiment ever
conducted ?

Regards
Oki