Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:35:07 -0400

At 11:03 PM 8/28/97 +0800, you wrote:
>At 01:42 PM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>At 10:51 AM 8/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>>No race is perfect. Every race fights amongst itself. Sure, some are less
>>>likely. An important thing about Tyranids is they are all eaten by the hive
>>>mind after they outlive their usefullness. Maybe some like living, and
>>>resist. Or maybe, because they are all so affected by psykic energy so
much,
>>>a bunch actually get taken over by Chaos, and revolt as well.
>>

>>Al will sucumb to chaos. The psychic prowes of the hive mind will never
>>match the powers of Tzeentch, besides it's not all that difficult for to
>>imagine most of the nids going to khorne, collecting all life off of the
>>planet, usually a pretty bloody process, to collecting blood and skulls for
>>khorne
>

>Uh, I think it is more complicated than that. These guys (Tyranids) are
>supposed to be without individual consciousness. The billions of Tyranid
>creatures make up the Hive Mind. Imagine an ant. It exist to serve the
>nest/hive. The concept of lazing off or climbing the social structure does
>not happen at all.
>
>As such tempting a lowly Termagent by Tzeentch or his agents, "Look here, I
>can make you to be a Dominatrix, then you can get back at those bully
>lictors and dumb Carnifexes. But you must listen to me.." ain't gonna cut
>it. Ever.

Actually I was speaking more of the hive mind itself being corrupted.
There is a consiousness there, allright a collective one nonetheless. I
know you cannot corrupt the bugs themselves. Using your example its more
of turning the queen ant to chaos and then the queen directs the peons to
act out in ways that would appease the chaos gods, khorne for example
doesnt care whos blood he gets or who spilt it, okay he really likes it
when you go traitor to some one but thats a different story.

On another subject about the tyranids. the "injest" all of the "life" on a
planet, do you realize that it would just take one set of alien
biochemistry, such as ours is based on carbon/nitrogen/hydrogen/and oxygen
for the most part there a couple extra elements but for simplicity sake we
will ignore those. Now lest assume that the tyranids have the same
biochemistry. They come to a world that has even one of those basic
elements off and the crap hits the fan. The tyranid war force is
essentially just starying at one end of a planet and going from there. So
the entire force has "injested" some of this alien biochemistry which is
completely incompatable with thier own. Now I'm assuming that the invasion
force mostly just injests this stuff then goes back the the hive fleet
where they are processed (chewed up by the big hive mother) then she uses
the compounds she injested to create more tyranids. Well as soon as she
injests this alien biochemistry she's pretty well screwed, as in dead
finite gone. past the point of no return. So all we have to do is create
some alien life (with different biochemistry) shove it into a ship the
mother injests it and shes done for no more tyranids

Timothy J. Kilgore
tkilgore_at_...

I'm an american!
do you know waht that means?
it means my forefathers got
kicked out of every decent country in the world!