RE: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:54:57 -0500

>Actually I was speaking more of the hive mind itself being corrupted.
>There is a consiousness there, allright a collective one nonetheless. I
>know you cannot corrupt the bugs themselves. Using your example its more
>of turning the queen ant to chaos and then the queen directs the peons to
>act out in ways that would appease the chaos gods, khorne for example
>doesnt care whos blood he gets or who spilt it, okay he really likes it
>when you go traitor to some one but thats a different story.

-----> This might be an interesting idea...in the Dark Ages of Rogue
Trader, almost
any creature could be possessed and they gave stats etc for doing it.
Now the nids
weren't around in their present form then, but what if...The Hive mind
should be a big
conciousness, but I imagine the big Chaos powers could still overcome
it. Imagine
"Hive Fleet Slaanesh". Remember the Stealer cults could be corrupted...

>Well as soon as she
>injests this alien biochemistry she's pretty well screwed, as in dead
>finite gone. past the point of no return. So all we have to do is create
>some alien life (with different biochemistry) shove it into a ship the
>mother injests it and shes done for no more tyranids

------> I'm thinkin' that if the 'nids have evolved to survive off of
stripping all
life from a planet and have these rapid mutational & evolutionary
abilities,
that a little matter of alien biochemistry is no big deal as either
a) they don't recognize it as "organic material"
(Question - do they eat robots?)
or
b) they store undigestible but obviously organic material in a "side
pouch"
until they can analyze it and evolve a way to use it.

Chris Miller