Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:09:18 -0400

> (Is there anyone out there who *doesn't* start from scracth building
> your army in every game of E40K?)

Yep. I have an ever-expanding detachment list from which I will
generally build 75% of my army. The other roughly 25% is
experimentation and varies every time. Sometimes I will take only
pre-made detachments, occasionally I will redesign an army completely
from the ground up. I started these miniatures games with some
historical and fantasy battles. In the first, extensive research was
required. In the second (Warhammer) the army was redesigned every
time. I'm used to it, doesn't bother me.

> re-rolls are really beginning to bother me. (Especially when all six
> of those Overlord Airships start with 8 FP anyway.) I'm really
beginning
> to think that only infantry on overwatch should get to reroll misses.
> I definitely suspect that those airships should be WE's.

I'm curious as to the background behind these comments. Could you give
some examples? I'd love to hear how the Overlords and the new Squat
rules have been doing in general, but I haven't played anyone with a
Squat army yet.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius