Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

David Lado <lado_at_...> writes:
> >> played a guy (E40k) that had 30! stands of termies in his army. He
> >> gave me a blank look when i said "BA don't have that many termi suits"
> >> army cards did cut down on that kind of cheeze.
>
> It was theoretically possible to field more than 100 terminators in
> SM/TL, by fielding a company plus lots of support cards. The cards
> didn't limit the number of termies that could be fielded. The limit
> arose more from the cost of fielding the minis and the fact that
> terminators were of limited usefullness.

        I thought that SM/TL had a specific limitation on how many
Veterans and Termies could be fielded by one Chapter. They placed no
restrictions on the number of chapters that could participate in a
battle, so it wasn't a big deal except for one-chapter purists. :(
Must go bug Aaron and his library.

Mark