RE: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:30:39 -0400

>>Well as soon as she
>>injests this alien biochemistry she's pretty well screwed, as in dead
>>finite gone. past the point of no return. So all we have to do is create
>>some alien life (with different biochemistry) shove it into a ship the
>>mother injests it and shes done for no more tyranids
>>
>------> I'm thinkin' that if the 'nids have evolved to survive off of
>stripping all
>life from a planet and have these rapid mutational & evolutionary
>abilities,
>that a little matter of alien biochemistry is no big deal as either
>a) they don't recognize it as "organic material"
>(Question - do they eat robots?)
>or
>b) they store undigestible but obviously organic material in a "side
>pouch"
>until they can analyze it and evolve a way to use it.
>
>Chris Miller

This really is a hypothetical discussion since there cannot be any tests to
see what would happen in a biological system with alien bio chemistry.
What is true is GW probably didn't even put a shred of alien biochemistry
thought when creating the tyranids. Wheather they could identify it and
seperate it is one matter, if they could break it down and attempt to use
it is another, the effects of them trying to use it is not good no matter
what. But it does bring up some interesting ideas
Timothy J. Kilgore
tkilgore_at_...

I'm an american!
do you know what that means?
it means my forefathers got
kicked out of every decent country in the world!