Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:50:01 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 28-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] marine chapters .. by "Timothy
J. Kilgore"_at_mai
> less. At any rate if the marine has been trained in termie armour the only
> way he goes into battle in termie armour

Mmmm... no. GW produced several miniatures of "Veteran Marine with
Terminator Honours" for use in WH40K. While wearing Terminator Armour
*is* a great honour, sometimes (such as, say, large open battles) it
isn't very appropriate, so regular power armour would be worn instead.

Excerpts from Epic: 28-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] marine chapters .. by "Sauron
Moridor"_at_netrove
>Sauron1 writes; But the Gray Knights are a full chapter that has all 1000
>of them suited up in Terminator Armor. sauron1

Special case. Lots of them also have Aegis hoods, and how many of
*those* does one see in a normal Marine chapter? And I'll second Chris
Pinson's comment about have tacs, devs, etc in the original Grey Knight
army list -- in fact, the list in _Slaves to Darkness_ doesn't even have
Terminators! Termie armour was added to the list in White Dwarf #114.

As to the number of Grey Knights available at any given time, the army
list says there are 2d6 personalities (lieutenant, captain, lt.
commander, medic, librarian, chaplain), 2d6 Techmarines (you needed one
per piece of equipment in those days) and 2d6 squads of Grey Knights at
10 marines per squad. So you'd have a pretty good-sized force available
at any given time, really... average is 84 Grey Knights, there.

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...