Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:46:10 -0400

At 05:22 PM 8/28/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> > The DAs are supposed to have an inordinate amount of
>> >termie suits, correct? In any case it wouldn't really require
>> >a different organization, just a statement along the lines of,
>> >"This chapter has a lot of terminator suits because XXX." (hey!
>> >it's the all-termie chapter! so that's where those all-termie
>> >40k armies come from)
>>
>> The Dark angels have just over 100 suits ofterminator armour, 100 for
>> troops and a couple more for captains and other characters so that
>> would
>> mean 20 stands for Dark angels while all the other chapters could only
>> have
>> 10 stands (100 men in the 1st company, 1/2 of which can get termie
>> armour
>> [only 50 sets] =10 stands)
>
> I've never heard of any exact limit being stated for
>any one chapter's termie suits. Where did you get the 1/2
>figure from?
>
> FWIW, the Terminator company in SM/TL (available to
>all non-space wolf codex chapters) had 13 stands in it (12
>stands of normal termies and 1 commander), making for at
>least 60 non-commander terminators possible in a single
>chapter.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

I got my facts from 40k fluff both old and new. Abslutley none of this
comes from any SM/TL information or epic40k fluff. The dark angels do have
the most termie armour and that is enough to field the entire 1st chapter
in termie armour the 1st chapter is 100 men so thats 100 suits. I said just
over 100 to account for the characters. The dark angels paint thier termie
suits white not green. They did this after just barely driving off a
'stealer infested hulk, the bulk of the 1st company was killed so they
painted thier suites white in memory of thier sacrafice. THe 50 amount was
a rough extrapolation some chapters have more than 50 suits and some have
less. At any rate if the marine has been trained in termie armour the only
way he goes into battle in termie armour
Timothy J. Kilgore
tkilgore_at_...

I'm an american!
do you know what that means?
it means my forefathers got
kicked out of every decent country in the world!