Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 31 Jan 1997 11:41 EST

In message "[Epic] Net Epic", you write:

> Peter Ramos wrote:
> >
> > Just a reminder of the current topic!
> >
> > FIRST TOPIC
> > 1-Army construction, present system(company cards,etc.) or a individual
> > model points system(each figure assigned a point value), WHAT STAYS OR
> > GOES!
> >
> > 2-Order Phase,What will each of the orders mean in terms of movement and
> > firing.First Fire, Advance, Charge, Fallback.
>
> 1. Army construction:
> a) Keep cards for Companies, detachments. Works well.
> b) Devalue points by factor 25: a 50 pt unit becomes a 2 pt unit. VPs
> now will equal the unit's value.

Why? What difference would it make? I'd rather just leave the points cost
for units be in the hundreds. (Although I would like to see 25-point increments
rather than 50-point ones, and VPs being 1 per 25 points...)

> c) Allow *GASP* Equipment cards. No, wait, I don't mean the 40K variety,
> but the concept's the same. A Marine Co for example, could have
> equipment cards for:
> LAND RAIDERS, THUNDERHAWKS, DROP PODS, RHINOS, PREDATORS. So your
> company could be carried in any of them. Ork Mekboy cards are already
> equipment cards, Chaos cards could be shoehorned into the concept - make
> them permanent, one to a customer, and allocated before play starts.

Somebody pointed out earlier that, in the real world, what you get is what
you get. Since we'd all have to make our own equipment cards (I somehow doubt
GW will provide them for us) I don't think this idea should be incorporated
into Net Epic, although it would make an ok house rule.

> 2. Orders. As is pretty much. Add 1 to the die roll for initiative to
> the side that lost last turn +2 if also the turn before, +3 if lost
> initiative 3 times in a row etc.

That's a reasonable idea, although what effect winning initiative should have
on the game is still debatable.