Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 31 Jan 1997 11:33 EST

In message "[Epic] Net Epic Gudelines", you write:

> > > Keep the card system. Maybe a limitation of one of each type of
> > > company card and 2 of any type of support card. This should bring
> > > about more balanced armies and cut down on the cheese.
> >
> > While I understand the desire to cut down on cheese, limiting company
> > cards across the board will be a bad idea. Again, I play Space Wolves.
> > The Puppies only have two types of infantry companies (the Great
> > Company). The only difference between the two is the type of Wolf
> > Guard. If company cards were limited, then the Puppies wouldn't be
> > able to field much infantry. *Some* companies probably should be
> > limited (Titan Battle Groups, for example). Perhaps *certain*
> > companies (and detachments) could have a maximum number allowed in an
> > army. As many have said, cheese often shows up when too much of a good
> > thing is used.
> >
> My intention to limit cheese through limiting cards to one company
> of each type did not take into consideration armies with
> few choices. Of course a Space Wolf army with only two
> choices would have to buy repeats.
>
> How about, for those who have 5+ companies to choose from,
> may only purchase a repeat once they've purchased 5.
>
> What about support cards?? 20 thunderhawks anyone?
>
> Tom

Any limits we have should be points-based, like "no more than one of any
particular kind of card per 1000 points" or something. This allows people
to take a fair chunk of one particular unit if they're making theme armies,
without going massively overboard. If you find it too restricting or not
restricting enough, you can adjust the value.

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa