Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 07:49:50 -0500

Francois Bruntz wrote:
> Well, you're free but I think you lose a lot of fun without any
> fluff, even for one simple battle.
>
> There are two main reasons to write some fluff for a battle :
> - a battle is more interesting when you know why you fight for... When
> you will remember your battle it will not be only a 2000 points
> confrontation but the desesperate fight of a Squat force
> against the Chaos invasion to protect the evacuation of civilians,
> or the vengeful Eldar raid against some rampaging Orks on an old
> Eldar world...
> - the second reason is not as obvious as the first one but
> quite important too : when the background says that your situation is
> desesperate and that you have to take and hold this mysterious temple
> (full of artefacts) you will perhaps take more risks than during a
> simple 3000 points battle with some "take and hold" objectives...

I'd agree about scenario fluff. I'm saying I don't care how
many terminator suits GW does or doesn't say exist per chapter.
I don't care if my reason for fighting a battle fits with GW's
universe or not. In this particular thread, having a motivation
for the battle wasn't what I was saying I didn't care about,
but making sure the motivation fit GW's writings.

andy
askinner_at_...