Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:48:27 PDT

You wrote :

>>I don't
>> care all that much about the fluff.
>
>Well, for one-off battles, I certainly agree... it doesn't matter
>much.

Well, you're free but I think you lose a lot of fun without any
fluff, even for one simple battle.

There are two main reasons to write some fluff for a battle :
        - a battle is more interesting when you know why you fight for... When
you will remember your battle it will not be only a 2000 points
confrontation but the desesperate fight of a Squat force
against the Chaos invasion to protect the evacuation of civilians,
or the vengeful Eldar raid against some rampaging Orks on an old
Eldar world...
        - the second reason is not as obvious as the first one but
quite important too : when the background says that your situation is
desesperate and that you have to take and hold this mysterious temple
(full of artefacts) you will perhaps take more risks than during a
simple 3000 points battle with some "take and hold" objectives...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/