Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...> writes:
> You do have to applaud their boxed
> >> sets.
> >
> > You do? I certainly don't. They're even
> >more of a rip-off than the old ones.

> >> $12.something Canadian, and you get a couple of sprues(I hope) instead
> >> of one big one.
> >
> > I thought it was 1 sprue per box.

> >Scott
> >shupes_at_...
> >
> I never played 2ndEd. I did see huge boxes of all the plastic infantry, and
> I thought to myself, gee, I don't want to buy all those infantry just to get
> some bikes, because I don't feel like painting the amount of minatures that
> would come in that box again (As in, from the E40k rule box) So when I saw
> the little boxes for cheap ($12 canadian is cheaper then 103.50 Canadian for
> the boxed set.) Maybe when you add it up, it is cheaper to buy the boxed
> set, but I'm more likely to have $12 then 103.50(That's how much my store
> sells it for)
>
> If you think of it, at least they arn't ripping you off with big army boxes.

        I don't think we're talking about the same boxes. The old
boxes were about $US15. The new boxes are US$10. The old boxes have
2.5x more miniatures than the new boxes, and almost all of them are
the same minis. I'd much rather be buying the old boxes.
        Not only that, you *still* have to buy all those infantry just
to get 4 Marine bikes. You're no better off than you were before.

> And I assumed it was two sprues, well, two half sprues anyways. Has anyone
> bought one?

        Well, yes, it's two 1/2 sprues, same thing... I bought one of
Eldar to see the new minis, and to round out the second detachment of
Banshees and Dark Reapers from Epic 2nd. (I think those are the two
that are hard to get) Though in the E40k box set, you get 3 Ork
Infanry, 2 Marine Infantry, and 2 of each vehicle? $90 of minis for
$70, plus the handy rule books and ruins...

Mark