Re: [Epic] how to beat chaos

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:32:17 -0600

At 11:17 01/31/1997 +1100, you wrote:
>> 1) Take AA guns. Several if necessary to stop the thawks. Chaos has very
> I do . Strangely enough they seem to be targetted really fast :).

By what? I'm not understanding how he has enough long range stuff ot do that.

>I thin kthe main problem here is that so far we havent played with the 'all
>thawks turn up on the board at the start of the turn' rule.

Gotta do that. I still don't understand how that whole misunderstanding got
started, since it says place them on the board edge at the beginning of the
movement phase.

>> 2) Keep some fast models in reserve. That way you can respond to his moves.
> Fast units - ie mainly bikes.

If you're playing eldar, then you have very fast tanks. Definitely don't
forget your wave serpents. Load up one side of the board, blast the heck
out of everything over there, then shift. Other fast, useful units might
be: Disc riders (chaos vs chaos, obviously), predators and land raiders
(aren't the speediest, but I've seen them work), gyrocopters, scout titans,
eldar titans, and, of course, thawks (fight fire with fire).

>> 2) Take units with lots of shots and as much range as possible. If they are
> Falcons , etc dont have the range/cost effectiveness to take on multiple
> tarantula batteries. The stuff with range (titans/tempests) is usually busy
>and its hard to justify that much effort on tarantulas.The cc units spend
>most of their time in cover...

He has to move tarantulas off the starting line unless you advance. Stand
back and shoot. Put two falcon companies on the line on one side of the
board, and wait for him to try to advance. when his swiss cheese forces
finally get within charge range, go on advance so they can't pin you and
shift. Another option for eldar are firestorms. If they don't fire at
thawks, use their pop-up option to tag tarantulas.

>> General:
>> 1) Personally, I would suggest not going for greater daemon instant kills.
> I usually leave 1-2 warp hunters lying around more to restrict his
> movement than anything else......

I hope that helps. I'm not trying to be a butthead.

Temp