Re: [Epic] Q&A Question...

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:48:32 -0400

At 06:39 PM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> 2. Place a number of blast markers equal to the number of barraging
>units on
>> the target detachment. These templates may overlap however the
>barraging player
>> wishes, but each must be within range of a barraging unit.
>
>I don't know where that blast marker interpretation came from, but
>definitely forget that.
>
>According to Jervis, you do in fact place one template. Anything in
>range of the template can fire. As far as I can tell, your example is
>correct. This is also different from the way I had read it in the
>rules, which I _thought_ allowed the placement of multiple templates.
>I'll be playing it per Jervis' suggestion from now on, though. It
>really makes a difference for my Whirlwinds. My Basilisks are usually
>in range of everything I want to hit anyway.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik
>
>"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
>up, if you will ever dig."
>- Marcus Aurelius

How does that make sense? Why do they give you so many templates then, in
case you brake one? Shouldn't they give you 20 or so range rulers then? That
means a squad of Whirlwinds can't do as much damage as three whirlwinds in
three detachments.

I think I'll stick with my interpretation for now. If I play against barrage
units, I might change it :), but otherwise, different whirlwinds can shoot
blast markers wherever they want. It's not like three whirlwinds are good
enough to shoot at the exact same target, as well, if they all aim out of
range of some of their shots, then they would fall short, in a fairly direct
line between target and whirlwind, so it amounts to the same thing

Tyler