Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 13:29:10 -0400

> thinking that the "normal" troops might be Grey Knights by
> Inquisitor/Ordo Malleus fiat: "Commander, I require thirty of your
> Marines." They aren't psychic, after all, and regular IG squads and

Ah, I had no idea - this fits a bit more in the older background. So
Grey Knights is an appelation to these troops requisitioned by the Ordo
Malleus for the specific task of taking down warp creatures.

> Adeptus Arbites squads are also in the Grey Knight army list. Of
> course, the latter die during the fight....

I'll bet!

> I'm not sure that there are any, actually. IMO, the routes that the
> Blackship Fleet uses are too regimented for a squad to just travel
on;
> they're response troops, not guards. Inquisitors, OTOH, do use the
> Blackships for travel, since their job is to poke into every planet
in
> the Imperium. Given the story in _Inquisitor_, though, only the
lesser
> Inquisitors would have to use the Blackships.

I've been trying to find out more about the whole Blackship fleet, but
have only found a limited amount of info online. One of the fiction
stories had Terminator/Psyker Grey Knights on a Black Ark, which is why
I asked.

> I'd wager on none. You've already got the Adeptus Custodes; what
more
> do you want?

<grin> A lot more, if Horus comes again...

> the number 1,000 like to Bible uses 40 -- ie, a lot of something.

True, I've noticed this. I was thinking of your number of 84, though,
rather than the ubiquitous 1,000.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius