Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 13:25:32 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 29-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] marine chapters .. by Chris
White_at_...
> IIRC, the fluff says that there are over 1000 existing Chapters,
> which really isn't all that many, when you consider the immensity of space.
> That's only a million or Space Marines. The US armed forces numbers
> several hundred thousand, and that's one country on one planet...

Rather than comparing the Space Marines to all of the US armed forces,
compare 'em to the US Marines vs. the rest of the US armed forces. I
can't help you with this, but it will change the numbers dramatically.

Also, as I recently said, the number '1,000' is a number that, for GW,
seems to mean "lots." While I'd say that there probably are only 1000
Chapters or thereabouts -- they do keep records on 'em, after all --
each one probably has considerably more than 1000 Marines.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...