Re: [Epic] The WORST GW rules

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 13:32:18 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 30-Aug-97 [Epic] The WORST GW rules by
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Peace_at_uri
> I was on the list pre E40K, I just don't worship 2nd Ed. In fact I
> think that it is GW worst set of rules. E40K, on the other hand, is
> their best.

Hmm. Dunno about either of those statements, but I haven't played any
GW miniatures games apart from Epic and Necromunda, with a brief touch
of WH40K. Overall, though, I think the rules for GW's war games --
Battle for Armageddon, Horus Heresy, and Doom of the Eldar -- are the
best rules I've seen out of them. It's such a pity they decided to be a
miniatures company instead of a gaming company....

>I've heard
> space fleet was really bad, but since I never played it, I'll reserve
> judgement.

The thing that throws most people off Space Fleet, from what I've seen,
is the fact that your chance to hit is based off where the dice land in
a box top. Apart from that, I think it's a pretty solid set of rules.
I certainly haven't seen the 'gaping holes' that someone else described.
 (And if you're curious, drop by
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~at2u/sfleet.html to look at the rules. <plug,
plug> )

                    Aaron Teske