[Epic] Slow Today

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 19:39:45 -0400

The mailing list is slow today, so slow in fact, that I am wondering if it
is down. I've seen people test for this before, and it is usually annoying,
having a bunch of posts going, is the list down? is the list down?

I guess people on my old mailing list are so unimaginative that they can't
start a new thread if they want to see if the list is down, instead they
annoy people.

Recently I bought some Armoury spray primer, white. It sprayed some
miniatures, metal and plastic, and while one of the land raiders got a
little too much, and had little bubbles dried in it, it seemed to come out
pretty well. But then I noticed there was a fine white powder where I
sprayed, and also some of the plastics didn't come out so good.

What is the best value, best spraying, just plain best spray primer available.
ditto for varnish, I've noticed my so called Matte Varnish from Ral Partha
is really, well, gloss. It doesn't bug me that much, because the worst
models for it a 25mm, and since that includes my ratskins, who just look
sweaty (and seeing they are all running or in combat, it doesn't look so
bad) Still, next time I buy a can of matte spray varnish, what would you
suggest. I'll suffer a little gloss for less money.

BTW, I'm having my first real Epic game against someone who actually knows
the rules, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is the basic fluff for it, since it will tie into the Obsidian Guard
fluff on the Gene-Seed webpage (Not posted yet, but the whole thing is being
re-done, so keep your eyes open)

Astropath report.

An Obsidian Guard Empire colony ship was seen leaving the planet Geheim,
located in the Segmentum Pacifica. Howling Griffon Marines were sent to
intercept, but their attempt failed. Unknown technology propelled the Guard
Empire's ship into the warp long before the Griffon's fighters were within
weapons range.

Two Standard Imperial Days later, the same colony ship was spotted on the
fringes of Imperial Space, orbiting a desolate barren planet. Due to the
proclamation of the High Lords of Terra, Blood Angel Marines were sent to
stop the colony ship from taking the planet. Upon arrival Obsidian Guard
Fedaykin (yeah, yeah) were waiting, and battle was joined for the good of
the Imperium.

Narayan transmission log

OM fighters detected. Griffons believed. Orders?

Carry on, fighters are at to many angels to be trouble.

Understood, preparing for Warp Jump, engines go, shields go, Firebirds are
go. See you on the flip-side.

Understood, have yourself a good one.

--Contact Lost 08 00, Summer 13, 10132--

--Contact Reestablished 15 00, Summer 15, 10132--

Home this is Narayan, are you getting me?

Loud, clear, and real, Narayan, this is home. What is status?

We're good, mission's good, all the children are sleeping. When they wake
up, the bed will be made.

Understood. Have you run of scan?

I am now, we got, uhh...

You should have run the scan already.

I know, we got, looks like OM's on their way. Reds confirmed. We're waking
the Fedaykin.

Do that, but hold. We're talking to a Sarfa rep now. She's, saying something
about the Emperor.

Advise then, we're almost in orbit and so are the Reds.

Narayan, inform the Fedayking and Black Hand that these OM are heretics.
Exterminatus is to be used if neccesary.

Emperor save us, we've got civvies here!

Those are your orders, Narayan. Wake up the Fedaykin, they should be able to
handle those heretical scum.

Understood. Narayan out.

--Log Ends--

I'm sorry this is so long, I kinda got a little carried away. Oh well,
should be fast reading anyway.

Tyler