Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:15:27 -0400

>Major snip :)
>
>BTW, did any of you remember anything about the fluff that during Imperium's
>first contact with Tyranid, a SM squad/detachment discover a Black Legion
>helm/power armour (?) inside one of the Tyranids bio-ships ?
>
>GW kept that plot possibility wide open by just saying "significance not
>known at the moment".
>
>Regards
>Oki

And then, like most of their fluff, forgot it to take advantage of a
obscurity. Their fluff is kept so generic that it begins to get a bit, well,
annoying. Every once in a while they'll have something like Ichar IV, but
they always pussyfoot around things like that, things they can take
advantage of later, but instead of taking advantage of it, they write new
over dramatic fluff that is equally obscure, and contradicts the stuff they
didn't make obscure.

Oh well, you can have great rules, miniatures, prices, customer support, and
background, but if GW did that all at the same time, they might actually
become the greatest miniature company of all time, just like they are trying
to do by raising prices.

Tyler
Nothing annoyed me more then DP9 worrying about their prices being too high.
Well okay, there is the fact that GW doesn't care if their prices are to high.