Re: [Epic] The WORST GW rules

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 11:54:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, J. Michael Looney wrote:

[snip]
> It's ok, that's why I am a Geek. I don't have any thing better to do on a long weekend but to
> back caculate the firepower/dice formula for a GW game....

[snip]

I'm a geek, too, then (but then I knew that already:). I like to find the
root formulas behind charts and tables in all the games I play.
Not ever to try to min/max the game. There were some posts here long ago
that made a mathematical comparison of points cost vs firepower. Those I
just went "that's nice" too, and deleted them. I would never buy a unit
just because I thought it was more powerful point for point than another
unit. Thats why I've played my Imperial Army with no Land Raiders.
You'll find tactical Marines and Guardsmen in lots of my armies (subsets
of my Army, which is all my units). I like to play games for the
fun they provide. Of course, I still like to win ;-P

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune