RE: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 15:36:01 -0700

At 05:05 PM 8/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Things I liked: I really, really like a sizable unit of infiltrators; one
>or two units per detachment only serves as a snap-firing buffer, but an
>actual detachment of them can have quite an impact.
>
>I didn't paste the original comment where you said on turn one, rhinos
went on assault move, then infiltrators jumped out and moved on assault
with the additional 30cm. Now I new infiltrators got an additional 30cm
move on the first turn only if they are not placed 30cm in advance of the
rest of the army, but how did you get them inside rhinos! I didn't think
you could buy rhinos individually; they always had to be purchased with
infantry. There is nothing that says a unit of tac marines can be bought
with rhinos, then abandon them and leave them out of command while the
infiltrators use their vehicles. What did you do?

        Well, according to the army lists, Rhinos can be bought for anybody.(That
is, any non-Terminator Chaos Marine unit.)

        Second, infiltrators are not considered to be out of command if they are
within 60 cm, not 30 cm, and the unit leading that particular detachment
was a sorcerer on a Disc of Tzeentch (which you may not have known if you
missed the post with the detachments-used list).

        Mr. Disc Rider was, as a skimmer, always able to stay near the center of
the formation and the Rhinos got left behind early on to all intents and
purposes.

Nickles