Re: [Epic] New SSI screen shots of Final Liberation

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 3-Sep-97 Re: [Epic] New SSI screen s.. by Tyler
Provick_at_intranet.c
> Interesting, I recommend people check that place out. It answers there where
> did beastmen come from question.

Well, they just quoted huge chunks of text on the issue; it's never been
in doubt that the Beastmen came from human stock. (Or did I miss
something?)

The thing I found interesting was that they reprinted the 'Brainboys'
background for the Orks. I wouldn't think it was necessary for the
game, but there it is....

>Interestingly enough, it is called Linal
> Liberation, Epic 40K, but of all the screen shots I've seen, it's only in
> name.

Linal?

Oh, you mean the Epic 40,000 part. Yeah, well, you wouldn't want to put
out something on a game that's (supposed to be) dead and gone, now would
you?! GW wouldn't want people to think about Epic at all....

>The had bubble chukkas and the lot, as well as a beautifull, erm, old
> style Warlord Titan (I'm pretty sure it's a Warlord.)

Well, they had a Mk.III Warlord in there (egg-carton), and one shot had
a pair of Reavers in it with some Knights Paladin.

>I also saw something
> that, judging from its size, was a Knight. So I'm guessing that SSI isn't
> gonna change the programming that much, which means plenty of people will
> feel a little gyped. Of course, some will never know, but that's okay.

Why would people feel a little gyped? I suppose if you're expecting it
to be pure E40K, yeah, but to me it looks like the unit selection is
based off E40K. For one thing, they've got 'Demolisher Seige Tank'
listed as a unit type, for another the unit of Thunderbolts has five
fighters in it if I'm reading it right. The Ork units screen doesn't
give much info, though.

I guess we'll have to wait and see....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...