Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 19:57:51 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> I am pretty sure that you still have to target the closest detachment, and
> all a SHW allows you to do is to target individual models in the closest
> detachment. Correct me if I'm wrong

<rant><H1><I><STRONG>
You are wrong. That moronic rule is a Wh40K thing and DOES NOT APPEAR IN E40K rules. Period.
The rule states (Rule book page 16, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence "When a player one of his
detachments to fire he also picks an enemy detachment at its target". It does not say "must
target closes detachment" or any other such like. It even is explict that Line of fire is NOT
blocked by other units (Page 18, in the "line of fire" block, 1st 2 lines). Just because other
GW games have a dumb ass rule that makes you shoot the closes detachment regardless of that being
a good idea or not dosn't mean that E40K has such an rule.
</STRONG></I></H1></rant>

Sorry you pushed a botton there...