RE: [Epic] Legion of the Damned

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 01:00:24 PDT

You wrote :

>>Special Rules for the Legion of the Damned
>>
>>Legion of the Damned (Special Competence)
>>Units with Legion of the Damned special competence get Assault (1
>>point) and Rampage (1 point) competences.
>>On top of that units ignore Leadership Tests and can remove 1D6
>>blast
>>markers during the final phase. (3 points)
>>

><snip-snip>
>
>Why do they get "rampage" ?
>I can somewhat see the rest of the info, but why this one?
>IIRC their only real special thing in 40K was ignoring leadership
>checks...
>
>>Chris Miller

This is a good question.
I must admit that as I don't play W40k I based my thought on what the
background says of the Legion of the Damned.
These Space Marines are some terrible killers who appear when
Imperium is in a very dangerous situation (this is why I want to
limit their use in special scenarios).
I wanted to make some close assault killers with more than a simple
rule which will allow them to ignore Leadership tests so I add the
Rampage and Assault competences. The "rampage" competence represents
their ferocity and their tenacity, they're ready to fight for their
Emperor and to win at any cost even if their life is put in danger.
They're not simple Assault Squads with strong moral they are here to
save Humanity thanks to their terrible close assault habilities.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/