Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Cheese and diversity

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 12:06:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Eric Larsen wrote:

> - Eric (we all dip a little fondue, sometimes) Larsen
>
> p.s. Just so you know, I tend to play fairly large battles - 9,000pt +, and
> our group (specifically, our chaos players) treat LOBs as command units
> (because of the rule ambiguities)... in my last big game, it was me
> (Marine/T.G.) vs. 3 chaos players and I faced 6 of them (command LOB
> units)!! It wasn't pretty...

What ambiquity? The rules say that:

"In addition, the Lord of Battles has special rules of its own which
reflect the fury of its advance. The Lord of Battle must always be given
charge or advance orders, and must always attempt to move towards the
enemy."

Renegades, page 59

The LOB may be a Greater Daemon of Khorne, but it is in no way a Command
unit. Wish it was, I play Chaos. The only unclear part of the rule for
me is "must always attempt to move towards the enemy". Just what exactly
does that mean? Do I have to move my full move (depending on orders)
towards the nearest enemy, any enemy? Do I have to make "some" amount of
movement (a cm or two will do) towards the enemy? Is that just fluff
explaining why the LOB gets Advance or Charge orders instead of being a
Command unit? Any ideas? I love my two LOB, but they are surely not
Command units (it seems nothing I have gets to FF, God I hate playing
the squats).

Chad Taylor