RE: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:50:56 -0700

At 08:41 PM 9/2/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> Well, according to the army lists, Rhinos can be bought for anybody.(That
>>is, any non-Terminator Chaos Marine unit.)
>>
>> Second, infiltrators are not considered to be out of command if they are
>>within 60 cm, not 30 cm, and the unit leading that particular detachment
>>was a sorcerer on a Disc of Tzeentch (which you may not have known if you
>>missed the post with the detachments-used list).
>>
>> Mr. Disc Rider was, as a skimmer, always able to stay near the center of
>>the formation and the Rhinos got left behind early on to all intents and
>>purposes.
>>

>Yes, but are you allowed to get that 30 cm first move if you are in a
>transport. It is supposed to reflect the fact that the scouts are ahead of
>the reserve unit, and have already set up. Basically the intent of the rule
>is that if an infiltrator does not start infiltrate (on the board) then when
>the rest of the detachment enters play, he is considered to have infiltrated
>30cm away from the HQ, and that is why he has the 30cm first move.

        <snip>

        I didn't realize you were in so tight with Jervis and Andy that you would
be able to tell me what the _intent_ of a rule was;)

        <snip>

>I'm sorry to say that you little trick is what some people might consider
>rulelawyering, or powergaming or whatever. The fact is it is a cheap
>interpretation of the rules IMO, because it doesn't mesh with the idea of an
>infiltrator.

        <snip>

        I disagree; how do you think an infiltrator gets to his position? Walking?
All the way? Surely, you jest...By the way, the acidic way you phrase
things: stylistic choice or do you not realize you're doing it?

        <snip>
>BTW, what rule book, and on what page does it say that blast markers reduce
>1 SHW per? I tried to find it, but couldn't (My opponent wanted to sluff his
>blast markers off on fp so he could use his anti-tank, and I wanted to see
>if he was allowed to do that, because I remembered there being a discussion
>about it. Neither of us could find the rule.)
>
>Tyler

        Sorry, can't quote line and verse w/out the source material. See other
(numerous) posts re the subject.

Nickles