Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:51:50 -0400 (EDT)

"MCLAUGHLIN, RICHARD A. CPT" <MCLAUGHLINR_at_...> writes:
> I still have problems with the Supreme Commander. I don't like the
> idea of not bringing one. All military operations have a single
> tactical commander in charge of all ground forces.

        Yeah, there *is* a single tactical commander. But what
happens when you take your 20000 point E40k army and tell part of it
to scout ahead? Do you manage to produce a second unit that makes
units around it stubborn?
        And there's also probably a single commander for each E40k
battle that tells people what to do. You could arbitrarily declare
the commander of a detachment to be the commander for the forces in
this battle.

        It's like having the Chapter Master of a Marine Chapter show
up to every single WH40k battle.

Mark