Re: [Epic] Citadel Journal Article

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 16:18:42 -0400

Sean,

> Oh no! We just figured out that Take&Holds *only* apply to the one who
> places them. Here's the short,short version:

Uh-oh. I re-read the book, based on your examples. You're right - I
was fixated on the sentence with "a player" instead of "you". Anyway,
we'll just put it back the way it was now...

> 3) Chaos can't beat Doomweavers and Swooping Hawks. They can't. We've done

Wow. This is very surprising. Have you tried Nurgle Engines, Chaos
Arty, Firelords, etc. with skimming demon's to kill the swooping hawks
when they come to play? The reason I'm surprised is that Flamers are
better than Swooping Hawks and a combination of Nurgle Arty and Khorne
Arty is every bit as good as Doomweavers/Nightspinners. Seems like
Chaos can take the Eldar on even terms to me.

> Ah, reminds me of my first game against Eldar. I had Imperial Guard and the
> game didn't end until Turn 7 when the *last* Eldar unit on the table finally
> died! Meeting Engagement played to 0 morale no time limit. I could only get
> the Eldar to -2 when the last one died -- entirely because of those Take &
> Holds, but I got them all ;)

Hey, write up some battle reports, Sean! ;-)

Regards,

- Erik