Re: [Epic] Citadel Journal Article

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:30:37 -0500

> Has anyone out there taken a look at the supposed "rules we left out" that were
> published in citadel journal recently? I remember thumbing through the
> journal, and seeing the diagrams showing a land raider providing cover for a
> stand of marines, but didn;t have time to browse fully, nor did I have the
> inclination to spend $10 to buy the Journal. Can anybody give the rundown on
> what the article said?

Any infantry unit which is in base to base contact with an armoured vehicle
can have its armour value increased by one, IF the enemy's LOS must cross
the armoured vehicle to reach the infantry unit. In addition, the infantry
unit can add its assault value to a close combat instead of just adding
one IF the armoured unit is engaged in base to base contact and the
infantry unit is not.

The example given is a marine stand using a Predator as cover. The enemy
rolls two dice. If the enemy rolls two 5's, then no hits are scored.
This is because the tank has an armour of 6, and the infantry has an
armour of 5+1=6 (thanks to the tank.) If, however, the enemy had rolled
a 5 and a 6 then he could kill two units. He could first allocate the
6 against the tank, and then allocate the 5 against the exposed marine.

> Are there any such rules in the issue with the Knights in it?

Yes. There is Gavin's article on how to use all those old Titan weapons
in EPIC 40K. The landspeeder landing platform lets you fire your
Mega Cannon and Vortex missles at anything the Speeder can see, as if
Well, I did say Gavin wrote the article...) The old targetting platform
grants one of your weapons a turn the ability to re-roll misses. The
Carapace Multi-Lasers let you snap fire at units who engage you in
close combat from the rear (at the cost of lowering your max void shields
by one.) There were lots of others too, but I'll have to check the
book to remember them all.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.