Re: [Epic] Drop Pods

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 17:24:50 -0500

> When we held the barage template up at 30cm and
> flipped, the papers fell in a lump right about where the barrage template was
> held. Pretty anti-climactic, if ya ask me. I thought that they should be hel> a little higher for drift. I imagine thatthe heavier, cardboard Drop Pod
> Counters (tm) would tend to bounce a little more, butfor the most part, I feel> that the 30cm height is a bit un-fun. Anybody with more experience have any
> thoughts on this?
>
> Chris

Just make sure that you are flipping the template "sharply." I've seen a lot
of weird things happen with drop pods; Everything from the clump you described
to one instance where the couters seemed to catch on on edge of the template
and the ended up scattering into a long line. (This line crossed two
Ork buildings. Urk!!!)

The most uncertain thing about drop pods seems to be where key units will
end up. Will the HQ land in the middle of the clump where he can control
things, or will he end up way over on the far edge of the clump? Will
my librarian be the one counter that winds up 10cm from the enemy and
thus get snap-fired to death? I always get a tad nervous when I'm about
to drop my pods.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.