Re: [Epic] LOS (was marine chapters)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 08:09:37 -0500

Kelley, Kevin J., JCS wrote:

> >-snip-o-matic-
> >Rule book, page 18, "Line of Fire Block"
> >
> >"Line of Fire is blocked by terrain features sucha s buildings,
> hills, woods
> >etc but not by other
> >units."
> >
> The examples seem to show that you can fire into builings, woods with
> the resulting to hit mod (unless you are AT). It does not say how far
>
> in. If I am trying to hide stands behind a woods or building then do
> have to put them behind the cover in question?

That is what the rules say, however I can not quote chapter and verse
right now, as I am at my desk, pretending to be at work, so I don't have
my rules handy. IIRC (and I think I have this one right) a stand IN
woods or a building counts as "in cover" for the rules on firing. A
stand BEHIND a chunk of terrain counts as hidden. Please recall that
if you are firing at a detachment that is mix in and out of cover, then
you can only hit the ones in cover if and only if you apply the "in
cover" modification to the whole detachment.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus