Re: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 08:33:16 -0500

MCLAUGHLIN, RICHARD A. CPT wrote:

> <rant>
> Of course I also don't belive in cheap as sh*t troops being bought
> just as sceening troops
> either, so I really don't belong in a GW game....
>
> Or rules that let you do that trick
>
> </rant>
>
> MadMac Replies,
>
> To J. Michael Looney (Said in funny sarcastic voice with grudging
> respect)
>
> "You play orks and don't believe in using cheap screening troops? God
>
> bless ya man."

That's right. Unless you count Ork Boyz themselves as cheap screening
troops. And then when I am sending 30 some odd boy stands charging
forward the term I use is "Green Wave" not screening. It's a scary
thing. The Green Wave (tm) when I do it, has the Nobz mixed in with the
Boyz, more or less evenly, not behind the Boyz. Nobz don't hide from
humies ya know.

 I make more or less pure detachments, which is to say I don't have BA
commandos or storm boyz in a war mob that includes Boar Boyz.

The fluff (and I have all the Ork fluff, back to "Waagh, the Orks" and "
'Er We Go" shows that Orks in general hold grots in low regard. They
are barely tolerated on the battle field. In my Waagh all the RuntHerdz
get together with their snots and grots and keep them out of the Boyz
hair err squigs that is... (translation. One huge mob of gretchen with
a VERY limited number of support troops hold down one flank/rear area
while the KoS and my Snakebites go rampaging around the table.) The
Grots and Snots is (as of last game)
1 Warboss (RuntBot mini, counts as a stompa)
4 stands Nobz (RuntHerdz minis)
1 RuntBot (Stompa) support
9 mobs each 3 Grots
about 270 points, don't have the card at my desk and I have not put it
on the web site yet.

I am planing on adding in say 3-4 SAG, because, well, that's the snots.
It would also be within the spirit of the fluff if this is where my
artillery, such as that it is that Orks get, was kept, as grots act as
the crew in many cases.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus