Re: [Epic] Drop Pods

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

Blah blah blah

> Just don't do something stupid like drop them on top of enemy troops.
> It hurts. };^')

In first edition swooping hawks used to deploy like this, I always
remember when playing Laurie (the oddest person ever to grace this
planet) Who was an eldar fanatic, and LOVED swooping hawks, people had a
tendency to either sneeze or get too hot and want to open the window to
let a gust of cool air in, whenever he deployed them.
There is an art to drop pods, if you want to keep the spread tight, then
as you flip the template, drop it about 1cm, to spread them, lift it as
you flip.
I think Drop pods are the nastiest things in the game, I love em. I'm
still not sure if marines should have them for free...
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of