RE: [Epic] Painting

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 18:30:59 +0100

<snip>

 I painted a few of the
guns red, but my red is pretty transparent,=
 and so far it looks too pink
for me to be happy with it. One interesting t=
hing I tried - moderately
succesful- is that I took some Ral Partha blood w=
ash and painted it in
different places on the gargant, which now looks stai=
ned and bleeding. I
like the effect a lot, but it looked even better before=
 it dried, so I'm
trying to figure out what is red, transparent, and shiny,=
 to paint on the
gargant.

<unsnip>

To get a decent Orky red (and this is =
a tip a number of the GW staffers suggested to me as I had exactly the same=
 trouble) what you do is paint or drybrush Crimson Gore over the black unde=
rcoat. This is a much denser more opaque colour and will cover the black ni=
cely. Once done drybrush the Blood Red over that to get a rich Ork red with=
out it being too bright. The same applies if you want to paint white over t=
he black undercoat, use Bleached Bone first then Skull White over that.

If=
 you want to take it further then use a red wash over the Blood Red drybrus=
h then highlight using Blood Red mixed with a little Sunset Yellow.

Carl
G=
ryphonne IV Gene-seed
http://freespace.virgin.net/carl.woodrow/epic/