Re: [Epic] In defence of GW. Sort Of.

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:31:32 +0800

At 10:34 AM 2/3/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>> There is a pile of ruined buildings (don't know whether they're
>>> plastic or card)
>>> And the usual sets of dice, counter etc.

>I'd heard that the ruined buildings were plastic, but going by the trend I
>could be wrong.

In WD206 the buildings/ruins were shown. It is made of plastic ala
Necromunda's bulkhead. It is pretty groovy, I must say.

>The thing that really bugs me is that if this true it will be the third
>DIFFERENT way to set up a figure. If anyone thinks this isn't a nasty way to
>make old figures redundant, and make you buy new ones, well...
>

>From what I see, only the base if different. The figures, even the termies
are pretty much the same. The models though are pretty awesome (there I go
again :P) the basilisks came in three slightly different models. One has
camouflage nettings across its gun shield, another has thermal covering of
its gun barrel and the last has two gun crews manning it ! Better start
saving up guys... I really hate these GW guys, just when you think you have
enough models, they come with good new models, effectively obsoleting the
old ones. I expect to cost to be much higher though.

>>> 5. Expensive. I smell a price hike.
>>
>>Surely Not! Have GW ever put up prices for no apparent reason? My guess
>>is current SM2 price +30%.

I heard from the Troll Boyz it is 50 pounds. And to be released on Mar 24
(this contradicts my earlier info from another Troll Boyz of it being
released this month... )

Regards
Oki