Re: [Epic] Introduce Myself

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 21:01:46 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Sep-97 [Epic] Introduce Myself by "Andrea
Langhi"_at_mythos.i
> Greeting, M'lords!!!!

Greetings, sir!

> I introduce myself. I'm Andrea Langhi, Male, Italian, 20 Years Old.
> I play either Warhammer 40.000 (SW, IG, Ty, UM) and Epic Space
> Marines/Titan Legions (SQUAT!!!!!).

Glad to hear of another Squat player... there don't seem to be many of
us left, these days.

> I was eager to ask you if there are still Epic SM players around,

Most certainly, though I can't say I've played much of either game at
the moment. I'm mostly hanging out here still because I really like the
old background, and we've had some good discussions on it lately....

> and to the Epic 40K players: looking ant the old rules, what do are the
> highlight and the drawbacks of E40K????

Drawbacks? Well, no Squats comes to mind. (Though some consider it a
highlight. Pagans. ^_- ) The over-generalization in some areas (like
Titan weapons) while other areas are still very specific (Leman Russ D.
comes to mind) can be considered a drawback, depending on what you like
playing. The points system (pay per stand now, basically) can be nice
in the customization, but it also draws the min/max players out of the
woodwork which can be really annoying. You're also out a lot of
built-in flavor, like the different Ork Clans. On the flip side, it
seems to run faster, and the suppression stuff is nice. I haven't
actually played, though, so take this with a dose of salt, as it were....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...
                    Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch