Re: [Epic] Infiltrators

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 15:00:55 -0400

At 01:27 PM 9/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 01:27 PM 9/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>

>>> It sounds like Allen the Q & A Guy should step in on this one; ask the
>>>Great Jervis and/or Andy what's up with this. It seems to me that only the
>>>people who can't take advantage of this think it's cheese. If you think
>>>it's cheese and you CAN do this super first turn move, then I'll pay more
>>>attention to what you have to say. Otherwise...
>>>
>>If you talked about something you knew about, then I'd care whether or not
>>you payed attention to me.
> <snip>
>
> Whoa there, Tex. What on Earth makes you think I don't know what I'm
>talking about? First off, what I did with the infiltrators was perfectly
>legal; if you think that it was cheesy, that is your opinion and you are
>welcome to it. Second, I have not been impressed by any of your comments
>to the point where I print them all out in hard copy so I may have them
>around for instant referenced. To tell the truth, I have a hard time
>telling the difference between rational discourse and a rant, which is not
>the case with other people on this list.
> Are there, perhaps, different people using the same computer and handle?
>Sometimes it is as if you think things through before you write, sometimes
>it seems, well, the opposite.

I don't really see how your opinion of the way I choose to comment is part
of public forum. I'm sure that some people like me fine, but I am not trying
to start a civil war between listers. Nickles, you want to complain about my
tone of type, then you have my E-mail.

What we have here, is someone accusing someone of being cheesy, and the
accused, or alledged cheeser. Hmm, all this cheese is making me hungry.
Alright, what we have here is someone accusing someone of being a munchkin,
and the accused, or alledged munchkin is offended. Offended enough to try to
pass off the accusers opinion as another comment that the munchkin
(alledged, mind you) is not impressed with.

I, and some other people, consider the flying infiltrator supermove to be
munchy. The fact that the rule is legal makes no difference of our
opinions. I think I'll leave this discussion here and now with my final comment.

If the accused or any of his supporters wish to have the final word, you can
go right ahead, you won't hear a peep from me. Any complaints can skip the
list and come straight to me at bprovick_at_...

Any really juicy comments I may post to the list, without telling people who
sent it. We'll all laugh, some people will secretly agree, and no one starts
a flame war. Anyway, no for my final comment

If you are confused about the infiltrator rule, read it, and if you are
still confused, ask someone you trust, like Allen the Q&A guy.

In my opinion the "Flying Infiltrator supermove" is cheap, cheesy, and
munchkinism in its best form. There are rules to back the cheese, so the
munchkinist can easily argue and use his translation legally. I will never
let anyone play that at my table, and I will refuse games at others. That is
my right. It is also the right of the munchkinist to do the same, except he
uses the rule.

Whatever you decide, you decide

Tyler