[Epic] Infiltrators

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 13:27:50 -0400

> It sounds like Allen the Q & A Guy should step in on this one; ask the
>Great Jervis and/or Andy what's up with this. It seems to me that only the
>people who can't take advantage of this think it's cheese. If you think
>it's cheese and you CAN do this super first turn move, then I'll pay more
>attention to what you have to say. Otherwise...

If you talked about something you knew about, then I'd care whether or not
you payed attention to me. I believe I was one of the first (if not the
first, I can't remember) person to complain about this supermove, and I play
Marines. So I guess you should have been paying attention from the beginning
instead of assuming that I didn't like the rule because I couldn't "cheese"
with the rest of 'em. I wonder, did it cross your mind that maybe this was
wrong?

There has been so much confusion. (No, we were never discussing whether or
not rhino's gain inflitrate from carrying infiltrator units, although it
sorta proves my point) that the only reason I continue is to not confuse
people who either did, or didn't use the super move.

For those that want to know, the only thing that is in question is:

Can infiltrators infiltrate from some sort of transport unit. The transport
moves normally, and then the infiltrators disembarks and then fly an extra
30cm as part of their infiltration. The question is not whether this is
legal, but whether this is right.

Tyler
Vocanic activity has turned ME into acid (Watched Dante's Peak last night)