Re: [Epic] Aman Detachment

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:44:22 -0400

Francois,

> They are better (much better? I don't think so) because they are
> elite and "fanatic" (I don't like this term for the Eldars) units of
> Aman. As Aman is the last and greatest hope of the Eldars of
> Alcarinqu�, the Amandils had to be very motivated, they can give
> their life to protect Aman and the Alcarinqu� Craftworld.

Okay, this makes more sense. I didn't understand in your initial post
how extremely motivated these guys were. They aren't _much_ better,
but they are better. These guys can go head to head with genestealers,
provided you equip them with exarchs, and probably tear the stealers
apart. (5 Assault, Rampage, Don't Break vs. 6 Assault, Auto-Rally)
However, I think they are fairly priced for their abilities.

> Yes, I agree but I don't see what you mean...

I was just a bit slow this morning too, so I needed to walk through
that interaction aloud. :-)

These Amandils certainly come across as extremely dauntless Aspect
Warriors. If Aman is 'the last, best hope' for the Eldar, I suppose it
makes sense. I hadn't really considered a rampaging Eldar before,
which is part of why I was a bit confused at first.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius