Re: [Epic] Battle Report [LONG!]

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 13:59:26 -0500

Sean A. Upchurch wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, J. Michael Looney wrote:
>
> > I still hold that Epic 40.000 is designed around units that are the same
> > as the DETACHMENT cards in SM/TL not the company cards. The problem is
> > that so many ex SM/TL players think in terms of the company cards that
> > hugh, unwieldy, mixed mission detachments get made. Yes there is some
>
> I concur. Many of our first detachments out here had that look. It took
> quite a few playings to reinforce the benefits of numerous smaller
> detachments. There are some exceptions though.
>
> Chaos Cultists should be large and freely mixed with beastmen. A Tyranid
> drop assault group needs to be large enough to take the fire of 1/3 the
> opposing army and still have enough left to beat them in CC. Ork detachments
> *look* like they want to be large, but I haven't played enough to make any
> kind of a real comment on Orks.

I'll let you know but I was not real happy with how my max sized ork
clan worked last game. Yeah I won and no it didn't get trashed but
keeping it all together really sucked. Major problem to move around. I
will be doing my snakebites an other way next game.

I liked my med sized KoS however. To bad I painted as Bad Moons, not
Evil Suns. I am doing a Evil Sun KoS for play test.

And a Blood ax sneeky git mob...