Re: [Epic] Infiltration

From: Staffan Raupach <z96rast_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:03:10 +0200

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> Staffan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The Swedish Army seems to have a lot of neat
> toys - I remember being impressed with the 'S-Tank' when I was first
> learning about the world's armies as a kid.
>
> > In the swedish army we use a tracked scouting vehicle up north in the
> > snow the engine is so low in the vehicle the the snow dampens the sound.
> > but the y are made of plastic(no armour) and have a weapon comparable to
> > m60 ?
>
> Definitely sounds cool - one question: When you say the weapon is
> comparable to an M60, do you mean it has a cannon like the American M60
> Tank (105mm) or do you mean it has a light machine gun like the
> American M60 LMG (I love those unique military designations) or do you
> mean something completely different?

I do mean the M60 LMG.

If you like the S-tank or as we call it "Stridsvagn S" i can tell
you that it is the only modern tank without a turret ("mass produced")
the only modern tank that cannot shoot when moving, the only modern tank
that as standard equipment mounts a retractebla dozerblade, and as far
as i know the only modern tank that actually can float (it has
inflatable rubber tubes along each side). The reason for all this was
the Swedish defense tactic, we should dig down (hence the dozerblade)
and await the communist threat.
needless to say we are now buying the more modern german tank leopard
2i.

//staffan