Re: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 00:17:03 PDT

Erik wrote :

>I really had better learn French one of these days to find out what
>Francois is attributing to me! ;-)

Fais moi confiance, Erik... :)

>Seriously, though, I'd be happy to send you the final rules and very
>grateful if you'd translate them. What we are going to do is use my
>campaign rules and combine them with a bit of a story wherein a
>single
>warlord tries to unify the tribes and eventually push the imperials
>off
>the planet. The Imperials have a small colony of one city and some
>towns on one continent, but also a large army/fleet base which is
>necessary for sector defense. Therefore the Orks will eventually
>see
>the gamut of Imperial troops fighting against them. The city and
>the
>base will be the 'major' objectives on my side and I'm coming up
>with
>special rules regarding their capture. The ork victory points level
>will affect both how likely other tribes are to join them and how
>likely the Empire is to commit additional forces to eliminate the
>threat - i.e. Space Marines. I envision the campaign starting small
>with Bart choosing one tribe of Orks and me having an Imperial
>Guard-only Planetary Defense Force. Probably around 2500 vs. 2500.
>From there it will grow based on the addition of new Ork Tribes
>and their success against the Imperials. I'll write this all up as
>'sample campaign' to go along with my rules and show how they can be
>customized and combined with a plot for a real story-telling
>experience.

This is very interesting. The idea of giving new tribes or new troops
during the campaign adds a real strategic challenge... On top of that
the background is very important, I think your campaign will be a
success!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 09/10/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/