Re: [Epic] Introduce Myself

From: Andrea Langhi <a.langhi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:41:26 +0000

> With metre-thick armour, any shots which would bounce off without damage
> would probably do none anyway.

I'm not sure of this. As a not-too-expert tank cultist, I can say
that the armour's iclination is very important in the making of a
modern tank armour. The incidence degree of a projectile, combined
with its great speed and maybe rotation is also very important in matter
of armor penetration.
Consider two components which advantage inclined armour insetad of
normal:
1) The thickness of the armor, if the plate is very inclined, is
very increased.
2) Due to the speed of the projectile, there is some chance (dunno if
high or low) thet the shell will bounce away where maybe, hitting,
could have fused the armor and prjected inside the vehicle and
explosive shell (H.E.A.T. type shell).

All this obviously is only valid for projectile typ weapons. I never
read reports about energy weapons and armor inclination

-Andrea Langhi
      a.langhi_at_...