Re: [Epic] History after 1900,s (off topic)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 02:33:51 -0700

Christian Nielsen wrote:

> Here in Australia it is hard to point out any of our own "bad guys",
> as we have never been invaded...

...but some of us with Koori ancestry might not agree there, Cobber :)

> However, the Japanese did try once,
> and there is quite a bit of dislike shown towards them, especially
> from the older members of the population..

Maybe it was the Australian prisoners killed and eaten by Japanese
soldiers in New Guinea, or the captured Australian nurses machine gunned
in Timor, or the Sparrow Force troops executed in Java, or....

Then again, the Australian Army has never been known for doing much of
surrendering, or taking prisoners. Least not any who actually fight.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo